Saturday, March 12, 2011

Double double double

To make up for my lack of postings! I will give you all a double dose of only the sickest music tonight. Might post a freestyle if I'm feeling up to it later.

Bright Lights, Big City(ft. Wiz Khalifa) - Cee-Lo

Alright, let's be honest, come on now, how many of you people actually listened to the rest of Cee-Lo's album aside from Fuck you? I did, it was alright, there were a few good songs that I kept on my ipod you know just for the replay but it was just eh. Aside from Fuck you, I did like this song even before Wiz was cut into it. The song name just describes the song in general, it's very bright and just catchy. The music video is cool I guess, can't really describe how I feel about it yet. It is cool that so many bright signs are used to convey Cee-Lo's message but it's just weird with no people, kind of gives it that fake feeling.

Donald Trump - Mac Miller

I'm glad this song is so popular, in posting the video I just typed in Donald Trump and who of course shows up? Donald Trump, but the second video was Miller's take on him. In any case, time to start the view of the song. Mac Miller dropped his new mix tape "Best Day Ever", haven't gotten a chance to listen to too much of it but what I've heard so far it sounds really, really nice. Miller is quickly coming up, he is a star there's just no other way around it, signed to the same label that Khalifa is signed too, making music videos, dude is definitely going places. This song is no exception, take a simple beat, put a little vocals in the background, add Miller and watch the fireworks. "We gonna take over the world while all these haters get mad, it's a wrap". Keep this guy glued on your play lists.



Ballad of Mona Lisa - Panic at the Disco

So I got a request from someone as I was writing this blog post, asking me if I was going to stick strictly to Hip-Hop / Dub / Electro. I asked him what music he would want, "rock", well there's so many different types of rock how would I know which specifically? Bugged him until he coughed up a song, Ballad of Mona Lisa from PatD, most people remember them for the "poor groomsbride is a whore" song. This song is kind of along those lines, it's just really, really catchy. It's one of those songs that you have to listen to like 4 times before it actually starts to get annoying. As a fan of alternative rock for a while now, this song definitely stays on my ipod to listen to whenever I just want to jam.

Going to try something different here and posting close to every day if I can, even if it's just a song or two. I'd like to ask for anyone that reads this blog though even if only once every so often to just click follow. As of right now I have no idea who is actually reading my blog, I know there are a bunch of  you out there just click the follow though! I'd be seriously grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment