Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's about time....

to do the damn thing, cause I've been hounded by a certain marine. Just saying.

Young, Wild, and Free ft. Snoop Dogg - Wiz Khalifa

So who doesn't like an off the top laid back track you can just listen to with your friends and do whatever. This song defines the youth of our generation, we get drunk, we smoke weed, we are truly living young, wild, and free. The piano in the song just gives the song an easy-going feel to it, where you listen to it and you really just don't have a care in the world. Teenagers today, we got so much going on around us, when we go to a party and hang out with friends, we just don't care, just live for the night. To perfectly cement the vibe as a laid back song, you have Snoop in the song as well, his voice is just the ingredient the song needed, and it flows so well.


Freaks and Geeks - Childish Gambino
Donald Glover, Troy Barnes, Childish Gambino, it really doesn't matter what name you know him by, he's just an insatiable beast. I remember hearing some of his stuff about a year ago, and it was decent you know but not a song that I would request. I recently found this song and was just blown away, he murders the beat! The video is tight too!, as one person put it "he's skipping cause he doesn't give a single fuck". It's true, Donald Glover is quickly becoming widely know either as a T.V. star or developing hip-hop artist. I'm just pleased I got my picture with him before he became super famous, him and all of Derrick Comedy.

Ballers believe in C.R.E.A.M. - Sorry for Partying

This group is next on my list that I'd really like to see in concert, they put out mash up after mash up that just sounds so smooth to the ear. This song here features Wu-Tang-Clan vs. Simian Mobile Disco, it just works, there's no other way to perfectly describe it. You have the vocals and then in the background just have this kind of funk vibe going on that'll keep you moving and moving. While I couldn't see this song being played in clubs, I could definitely see throwing down for a party and putting this on and just moving with friends. Too ill.

Young Lions - Tiesto

Alright so I started listening to Tiesto back in middle school, dude had it going on, turned me from listening to my edited version of 50's album to surrounding myself with techno. His last album had one of my favorite songs on "Feel it in my bones" which was just amazing. He just released this song and doesn't disappoint, he really lives up to his name as the best DJ in the world. The dude DJ'd at the Olympics, I mean come on how much more fame can you obtain? Young Lions is long, it's about 8 minutes but if you put this song on in your bass heavy headphones, sit back, close your eyes, you won't even realize how long the song is. The melody in the song just kind of surrounds you and it's something you can take as either calming or get up on your feet and be moving to it.

Walk Like An Egyptian(Bassnectar Remix) - The Bangles

Time for the THROW BACK, who all remembers listening to this in like elementary school it was for me, I remember I had this song on a CD and I played the hell outta that song. The remix that Bassnectar concocted is pretty ill, not going to lie. It brings back memories man, memories that I had forgotten, brings up the nostalgia and that gets sucked into what is dubstep. If you remember this song at all, heard it even just once, you gotta listen to the modern take on it. I'm impressed, I really am because not many artist go back a decade or two to find a noteworthy song to get up and remix.

No comments:

Post a Comment