Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Son, it's fucking cold and snowy outside.

Can't even imagine how bad it is back down at Radford, it's bad enough here as it is. On the upside, I get to bring you that much more music, and if you had any idea how much I downloaded and went through today, you would probably laugh.



There's something about us under the sheets - Ellie Goulding / Daft Punk
I don't think I've had this song turned off at all since I downloaded it, it just flows. I think the smooth under the radar beat of Daft Punk's hit song just is in such sync with Ellie Goulding's voice and the song just works. This is a song to listen to if you are just winding down at the end of the day or just want to let loose a little bit. Being that "Something about us" itself is a slow song compared to the other fast paced songs that DP normally puts out, the mash-up is just soothing. 


Wings - Ryan Lewis & Macklemore
This truly is the year of Macklemore, it's still early to tell but he is ripping up the hip hop scene. I know, it's been said before that Macklemore is so catchy because he does rap about real life things, things that matter to the rest of us. He raps about things that any given person can relate to, from his song "American" - a song for cowboy loving, terrorist fighters, and just your average football fanatic all the way to "Irish Celebration" - a song describing the struggle that the Irish families had to overcome to make it to America. He puts thought and his soul into each rap that he writes and somehow still manages to stay somewhat out of mainstream which I don't understand. I expect many more great things from this extremely talented rapper.


Pretty Little Penthouse - Tayyib Ali (Prod. by Brenton Duvall)
"I want to love you PYT Pretty Young Thing" sound familiar at all? I'm sure as soon as you click play on this song you'll recognize the hook. Needless to say Brenton Duvall is popping up all over the hip-hop market, remixing his way with so many different artists. This time he's teamed up with Tayyib Ali to create a just downright nasty, with Ali rapping over the ever present PYT background and Duvall just completely destroying the track, it's definitely a keeper.


Ain't No Mountain High Enough(D.O.D Remix) - Marvin Gaye
Let's just think back way back old school for a minute, who doesn't remember this song and love it? Marvin Gaye was definitely was one of the kings of soul back in his day, and who knew there would be a DJ brave enough to attempt remixing the song? Needless to say this remix comes out as such a banging song it should be a standard in most clubs soon, everyone can respect old school every now and then. Put this song through your headphones or your banging sound system and crank the volume to 11 because once the song starts it's gonna have you moving.

Comes to an End - Cam Meekins
Words can't express how amazed I am at this rapper..... this dude is 17 years old! He spits hard, hard, hard and has a hook in this song that is just too catchy. If you've ever felt bullied in your life, known someone who thought about suicide, this song should hit straight home in your heart. Cam just spills his heart out about how much of a problem bullying is, and how it really effects people. "I ain't mad no, but I'mma be happy when I leave this Earth", truly a serious song in my eyes and I hope that it will be brought to the mainstream very soon. 

Scrapertown: The Original Scraper Bike Team
I know, I know the beginning of the video is kinda comedic, you think it's gonna be a rap video, but it's kind of the opposite. If you have to watch one video all the way through this week, definitely check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment