Friday, January 14, 2011

Phew.....

Been a busy time for me, you know college starting back up but I'm here don't worry! Albeit a little slow...
Going to be bringing some music that was all recommended to me by friends this week.


Hilltop Hoods - Chase that Feeling
I actually got an unexpected ride home the other day from my friend Brandan whom I hadn't seen in a while and he started pumping some really good hip hop through his car. He started talking about this group called Hilltop Hoods that were based out of Australia, they sounded tight. I got home and was blown away, this group is fantastic, especially because they just have that accent that you normally don't hear in everyday hip hop. Definitely check this group out, they are just too nasty.

Sonny Moore - Father Said (Dubstep Remix)
I posted my status on facebook as dubstep = life and started getting crazy amounts of likes from people that I had no idea liked dubstep. Even better I started getting some suggestions on different songs too including this song that my boy Tyler posted. I've had this song on repeat nonstop along with a few others for all day it's just too nasty. I still don't know how "find me on broadway" has anything to do with the song but there's gotta be some significance to it.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Irish Celebration
I posted the latest video from Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "My Oh My"(see below) today just because the music video is so powerful. The actual song came out a while ago but I found the video last night, it must have been just published or something because I normally try to keep up with the latest music news. I got a comment from my friend Oliver saying that I need to check out 2 other songs; "Otherside" and "Irish Celebration". I looked them up not knowing what to expect but Irish Celebration really hit home for me being Irish myself I take my heritage very seriously. Macklemore talks about those Irish men who took the boat to New York and it really hit home because it describes the same way my family got to America. Seriously well done Macklemore and props to Oliver to letting me know about the song.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - My Oh My
This song is seriously powerful and if you watch the video you can actually feel how strong the lyrics are and the dedication to Dave Niehaus. If you have any ties to baseball at all then I seriously recommend checking this music video out, it's seriously emotional, meaningful, and just an overall great song. I even had to download the video just so I could throw it on my iPhone and watch it whenever.




Going to do something a little out of the ordinary this week as well and post a video of some crazy dancing by  Joseph Reilly & Sean Hoffman. I was sent this video last night and watched it once, twice, then a third time. In all honesty the first time I watched it through I was more than anything trying to figure out what song it was and where I knew it from. But once I had it figured out and started to watch the actual dancing I was blown away, definitely check this video out as well as the uploader's page.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Razzz88

No comments:

Post a Comment