Saturday, January 15, 2011

Quick update.

I know! I just posted an update last night and now I'm posting one this morning, could be a one time occurrence so I wouldn't get used to it. But I figured since a few more people are reading this now I might be able to throw out an extra update, plus I just have a few songs that I need to get out there.

Fire - Josh Cocktail
I found this video the other day and the author who posted it described him as a "James Blunt" sound a like or around that area. I decided to give it a listen in the background while I continued just browsing the internet  and was definitely surprised in a good way. It starts off with a soft piano that you can tell will just build up to a great song. Josh Cocktail's voice is something that is just nice to listen to and overall the song is just great. Check this guy out.

Rise - Matt Easton
This is my favorite song of the week hands down, and I'd never even heard of Matt Easton. You know he starts off the song just talking about keeping your head up and he's going to rise. He just talks about all the haters that are out there which is easily understandable cause this guy has skill. He says time and time again that he's not going to give up, he's going to keep making music like he does. I don't think this guy can be easily stopped, he just has extremely steady beats and it's something you'll listen to. When I say this is my favorite song of the week I mean that I haven't hit next one time it's come on, seriously encourage you to listen to this.

Carousel - Blink 182(Robotic Pirate Monkey Remix)
Alright so how many of us out there just like a song that you can sit back, close your eyes and just drift away listening to? I think most people you know, it's time to take a break from the heavy, heavy bass that dubstep has to offer. I know, I know that's some of the whole point of dubstep but I know you all know what I'm talking about. This song serves exactly that purpose, it takes the popular song Carousel from Blink 182 and puts a techno spin onto it. It's got the super nice mix of guitar from Blink and then just a techno beat in the background that just goes perfectly with  the song. If you haven't heard of Robotic Pirate Monkey before I highly recommend that you check him out, he's done remixes of songs such as: Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith, Mr. Brown - Bob Marley, Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins, and my personal favorite Party & Bullshit in the U.S.A. - Mix of Miley Cyrus and Notorious BIG.


El Jefe Hallelujah - J. Tonal
In keeping up with the latest dubstep craze it's kind of hard to keep solid good music coming out that hasn't quite yet been discovered but I hope that everyone likes the songs that I'm putting out. This song actually I found off a mixtape on "thissongissick.com" and was instantly a fan. The song actually starts off slow then builds up to a sick banger song. It's a song that although may be thought of as seasonal is still a great dubstep track to listen to at any time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment